How do I find the CTV News app on my Apple TV?
- Go to the App store on your Apple TV, and select CTV News to download it to your device. Make sure your country region is set to Canada, to access the Canadian store.
What Apple TV devices is CTV News supported on?
- CTV News is supported on Apple TV tvOS Version of 12.1.+.
How do I sign in and activate CTV News on my Apple TV?
- Launch the CTV News app and either play one of the live streams or select Sign In from the navigation bar.
- Go to www.CTVNews.ca/appletv on a web browser
- Enter the activation code displayed on your television
- You will be given the option to sign in if you are an existing subscriber.
- Please select sign in
- Enter your credentials
- Once completed successfully, you should see a 'Success!' message on your browser.
- Return to your television and you are ready to start streaming video
I have questions about my Apple TV. Where can I get help?
Back to top
SIGNING IN AND ACTIVATION
- Authenticated CTV News content is available to all television service providers.
- There is no additional cost to stream CTV News authenticated content as long as you subscribe to a participating television service provider and the channel is included in your subscription package.
Please contact your TV Service provider if you are having trouble with:
- Signing in | If you forgot your login information, username or password
- To order home television services from any service provider that enables access to CTV News authenticated content.
Can I sign up through CTV News and create a username and password to view authenticated content?
- You can only access the live and archival content featured by signing in with the username and password from your television service provider.
My login keeps failing what should I do?
There are several reasons this might occur. Try the following:
- Log in again (enter your username and password). Your session may have expired.
- Clear the cookies from your device.
- Check your security settings and enable 3rd party cookies.
If the options above fail to resolve the issue, please contact your television service provider to inquire.
Do I have to log in every time I use CTV News?
- No. When you log in the first time, the system will keep you logged in for 30 days. After 30 days, you will be prompted to log in again. However, if you clear your cookies / cache, you may be prompted to login again. You do need to log in on each device, once every 30 days.
Will CTV News keep a copy of my login credentials?
- No. The username and password screen is the same experience as if you were on the website of your television service provider. Since the details are encrypted, CTV News will never know that information.
Can I log in from my friend's computer / device?
- Yes, you are able to access authenticated CTV News content through any personal computer or device that is supported. To login, just go to the video sign-in option to begin viewing.
Which Television providers can I use to log into an account with:
||TCC / Tuckersmith
||Mitchell Seaforth Cable TV
If your provider isn't listed, you can help by calling and letting them know you are interested.
Back to top
UNABLE TO WATCH
How do I disable private browser viewing?
The following steps indicate how to disable the private browser setting on your device:
- Tap the “tabs” button in the bottom right corner (handset) or upper right corner (tablet) of your Mobile browser.
- You will now see a “private” button that is white, tap it.
- Restart your activation/ sign in process.
You will be able to switch back to private browsing after the activation is complete.
I’m unable to download or install the application. What should I do?
- The app is available through the Canadian Google PlayTM store, the Canadian App StoreSM on iOS, Xbox One marketplace, Windows Store and the Samsung Smart Hub on TVs and Blu Ray players from 2013-2017. Make sure you are in the Canadian version of the If you are still having difficulty with downloading the app, please contact Google, Apple Help, Windows Help or Samsung Info for further assistance.
I’m unable to access the website. What should I do?
- Check that your browser has a working Internet connection by browsing a website that you frequently use. If you are able to visit other websites but not CTV News, check that you have the correct address (www.CTVNews.ca). If the site is temporarily unavailable, please check back later.
I do not see a device activation code, what should I do?
- If you do not see a device activation code, please select the 'Cancel' button and try again.
The player functions aren’t working. What should I do?
- You can try refreshing your browser, or if in an app, hard-close the app and try again.
I’ve downloaded the app but it won’t open or it keeps crashing. What should I do?
- There may be something wrong with the installation on your device. Please uninstall the app completely, then install it again.
Back to top