Articles by Solarina Ho
- Can this surgery model help shorten wait times and provide better care?
- Diabetes risk twice as high for those who feel lonely: study
- Fetuses grimace over kale, but smile for carrots, small study finds
- Blood clot risk remained nearly a year after COVID-19 infection, study finds
- 'A little like Game of Thrones': How the Royal Family came to rule
- 'Global failure': Lancet COVID-19 Commission critical of pandemic handling
- 96-round gun salute honours the late Queen Elizabeth II
- This is the moment when the U.K. found out the Queen had died
- What the scene outside Buckingham Palace looks like
- Old Farmer's Almanac forecasts bouts of 'extra-deep cold' in Canada this winter
UPDATE Oct. 2022: Solarina Ho is no longer with CTV News.
Solarina Ho joined the CTVNews.ca team in 2019 as a freelance general news writer based in Toronto, where she covers a broad range of topics from the serious to the absurd.
Solarina has extensive reporting and digital media experience. She spent nearly 15 years with Reuters News Agency, first as a homepage/online editor for Reuters.com and later, as a correspondent, where her focus was in financial markets, transportation, and retail. She briefly wrote about financial technology and did four stints covering the Toronto International Film Festival.
She has particular interest in topics related to China, women’s issues, media/journalism, parenting and children, immigration, space exploration, the environment, and popular culture (especially television and film).
Solarina has a BA in English and History from the University of Toronto, and a MA from Stanford University. Her writing has appeared in numerous international news publications, including The Globe and Mail, the Chicago Tribune, the San Francisco Chronicle, U.S. News & World Report, and Yahoo.
She speaks English, Mandarin, rusty French, and rudimentary Cantonese.