Canada’s 100 'most beloved' restaurants in 2022: OpenTable
A new list by OpenTable shows the 100 "most beloved" Canadian restaurants in 2022, based on more than one million reviews.
The restaurant reservation company says it analyzed reviews and ratings by diners who used its service from Oct.1, 2021, to Sept. 30, 2022. The list was determined by overall rating, user-based "klout," total number of reviews and regional overall rating.
“We’re seeing a strong interest in a variety of dining establishments and experiences this year, and strong representation from traditional continental to diverse international cuisines,” said Matt Davis, Country Director at OpenTable, in a news release.
Ontario dominates the list with 49 restaurants, followed by Alberta with 23, British Columbia with 18, Quebec with nine and New Brunswick with one.
These are top 100 restaurants featured by OpenTable, listed in alphabetical order:
- 1 Kitchen – Toronto, Ont.
- Akira Back – Toronto, Ont.
- Alloy – Calgary, Alta.
- Amal Restaurant – Toronto, Ont.
- Anejo Restaurant - Toronto (King St) – Toronto, Ont.
- Auberge du Pommier – Toronto, Ont.
- Bar George – Montreal, Que.
- Bar Isabel – Toronto, Ont.
- Baro – Toronto, Ont.
- BLOCK ONE Restaurant at 50th Parallel Winery – Lake Country, B.C.
- Blu Ristorante – Toronto, Ont.
- Bocado Restaurant – Prince Edward County, Ont.
- Bonaparte – Montreal, Que.
- Botanist – Vancouver, B.C.
- Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar – Vancouver, B.C.
- Bridgette Bar – Calgary, Alta.
- Byblos – Downtown – Toronto, Ont.
- Bymark – Toronto, Ont.
- Café Boulud – Toronto, Ont.
- Cano Restaurant – Toronto, Ont.
- Canoe Restaurant and Bar – Toronto, Ont.
- Capocaccia Trattoria – Toronto, Ont.
- Cardinale – Calgary, Alta.
- Carisma – Toronto, Ont.
- Chairman’s Steakhouse – Calgary, Alta.
- Charcoal Steak House – Kitchener, Ont.
- Chuck's Steakhouse – Banff, Alta.
- Crossroads Restaurant – Rousseau, Ont.
- Cucci Ristorante – Oakville, Ont.
- D.O.P. – Calgary, Alta.
- Damas – Montreal, Que.
- Dolcetto – London, Ont.
- Don Alfonso 1890 – Toronto, Ont.
- Earth to Table: Bread Bar – Guelph – Guelph, Ont.
- Elora Mill Restaurant – Guelph, Ont.
- Estiatorio Milos - Montreal – Montreal, Que.
- Gibbys - Old Montreal – Montreal, Que.
- Giulietta – Toronto, Ont.
- Grey Gardens – Toronto, Ont.
- Haven Kitchen + Bar – Langley, B.C.
- Hello Sunshine Japanese Restaurant + Private Karaoke Rooms – Banff, Alta.
- Home Block at CedarCreek Estate Winery – Kelowna, B.C.
- Homer Street Cafe & Bar – Vancouver, B.C.
- Hoogan & Beaufort – Montreal, Que.
- Hy's Steakhouse - Toronto – Toronto, Ont.
- Ibérica – Montreal, Que.
- Italian by Night – Saint John, N.B.
- Joe Fortes Vancouver – Vancouver, B.C.
- Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto – Toronto, Ont.
- Kitchen76 at Two Sisters Vineyards – Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont.
- La Vecchia - Marine Parade – Etobicoke, Ont.
- Lee – Toronto, Ont.
- Locale King City – King City, Ont.
- Lonely Mouth Bar – Calgary, Alta.
- Lulu Bar – Calgary, Alta.
- Lupo Restaurant & Vinoteca – Vancouver, B.C.
- Maison Boulud – Montreal, Que.
- Maison Selby – Toronto, Ont.
- MAJOR TOM – Calgary, Alta.
- Marked – Toronto, Ont.
- Mercato - Mission – Calgary, Alta.
- Miku Restaurant - Vancouver – Vancouver, B.C.
- Minami Restaurant – Vancouver, B.C.
- Modavie – Montreal, Que.
- Model Milk – Calgary, Alta.
- MODERN STEAK - Southport Rd – Calgary, Alta.
- Morton's The Steakhouse – Toronto – Toronto, Ont.
- Osteria Giulia – Toronto, Ont.
- Osteria Savio Volpe – Vancouver, B.C.
- Pepino's Spaghetti House & La Tana – Vancouver, B.C.
- Raven Bistro – Jasper, Alta.
- REIGN – Toronto, Ont.
- Riviera – Ottawa, Ont.
- Sabor Restaurant – Edmonton, Alta.
- Sassafraz – Toronto, Ont.
- Scaramouche Restaurant – Toronto, Ont.
- Shook Kitchen – Toronto, Ont.
- Sofia – Toronto, Ont.
- Sorrel Rosedale – Toronto, Ont.
- St. Germain's - Casino Rama Resort – Orillia, Ont.
- Sukiyaki House – Calgary, Alta.
- Tableau Bar Bistro – Vancouver, B.C.
- Tea at The Empress – Victoria, B.C.
- Teatro Restaurant – Calgary, Alta.
- Ten Foot Henry – Calgary, Alta.
- The Bauer Kitchen – Waterloo, Ont.
- The Bison Restaurant – Banff, Alta.
- The Butchart Gardens - The Dining Room – Brentwood Bay, B.C.
- The Good Earth Vineyard And Winery – Beamsville, Ont.
- The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Oshawa – Oshawa, Ont.
- The Lake House – Calgary, Alta.
- The Nash – Calgary, Alta.
- The Story Cafe - Eatery & Bar – Richmond, B.C.
- Three Bears Brewery – Banff, Alta.
- Trattoria Timone – Oakville, Ont.
- Treadwell Farm-to-Table Cuisine- Niagara on the Lake – Niagara-on-the-lake, Ont.
- Tutto Restaurant & Bar – Vancouver, B.C.
- Vineland Estates Winery Restaurant – Vineland, Ont.
- Vintage Chophouse & Tavern – Calgary, Alta.
- Zarak by Afghan Kitchen – Vancouver, B.C.
Reporting for this story was paid for through The Afghan Journalists in Residence Project funded by Meta.
CTVNews.ca Top Stories
Canada announced that it had called China's ambassador onto the carpet as Ottawa and Washington expressed their disapproval Friday over a high-altitude balloon found to have been hovering over sensitive sites in the United States.
The federal Liberals have withdrawn an amendment to their gun bill aimed at enshrining a definition of banned assault-style firearms, citing 'legitimate concerns' about the need for more consultation on the measure.
Medicago Inc., the Quebec-based drug manufacturer of a Canadian COVID-19 vaccine and other plant-based drugs, is being shut down by parent company Mitsubishi Chemical Group.
White-tailed deer may be a reservoir for COVID-19 variants of concern including Alpha, Delta and Gamma, according to new research out of Cornell University that raises questions about whether deer could re-introduce nearly extinct variants back into the human population.
A Portuguese dog named Bobi has been named the world’s oldest living dog by Guinness World Records, which claims the pooch is also the oldest canine ever recorded.
A group of airlines is asking the Supreme Court of Canada to hear their case after a lower court largely upheld the validity of Canada's air passenger bill of rights.
A letter of support signed by 30 prominent Quebecers, including academics, activists, and community leaders, is asking that Amira Elghawaby be given the chance to fulfil her mandate as Canada's first special representative on combating Islamophobia.
A large swath of Ontario was under an extreme cold warning on Friday as a polar air mass with biting wind chills made its way across the province.
European Union governments tentatively agreed Friday to set a $100-per-barrel price cap on sales of Russian diesel to coincide with an E.U. embargo on the fuel -- steps aimed at ending the bloc's energy dependence on Russia and limiting the money Moscow makes to fund its war in Ukraine.
Secretary of State Antony Blinken has postponed a planned high-stakes weekend diplomatic trip to China as the Biden administration weighs a broader response to the discovery of a high-altitude Chinese balloon flying over sensitive sites in the western United States, U.S. officials said Friday.
China said Friday that a balloon spotted over American airspace was used for weather research and was blown off course, despite U.S. suspicion it was spying. The discovery further strained already tense relations between Beijing and Washington.
A Tennessee board on Friday suspended the emergency medical technician licenses of two former Memphis Fire Department employees for failing to render critical care to Tyre Nichols after he took a beating from police that ultimately killed him.
Escaping the Taliban: CTV News' Genevieve Beauchemin meets Afghan refugees left in limbo in Pakistan
Lives were 'shattered' when Kabul fell into Taliban hands, and thousands remain in limbo, unable to return to Afghanistan. CTV News' Genevieve Beauchemin recalls her visit to makeshift refugee camps set up in Pakistani parks, and the stories she heard during that time.
Police in southeastern France have arrested a convicted murderer linked to Italy's most powerful organized crime group, the 'ndrangheta, who was on the run for 16 years, Interpol and Italian police said on Thursday.
British Columbia Premier David Eby says he's going into next week's health-care meeting between the premiers and prime minister with an open mind — and without a red line dollar ask for the federal government.
Would you pay $300 a year for quick access to a nurse? Dealing with demand, Ontario doctors get creative
Paid subscriptions to on-demand care are among the many strategies primary health-care providers in Ontario are adopting in order to meet increased demand for access to doctors in the past year, while also managing staffing shortages.
Ontario fully supports the federal government's push to make health-care funding contingent on data reporting, the province said Thursday as it announced a plan to boost access to primary care doctors.
Using a device that might be described as a super-duper cocktail shaker, scientists have fashioned a previously unknown form of ice - one that might exist on our solar system's icy moons - in research that sheds light on water's behaviour under extreme conditions.
Chinese scientists have successfully cloned three 'super cows' that can produce an unusually high amount of milk, state media reported, hailing it as a breakthrough for China's dairy industry to reduce its dependence on imported breeds.
Shania Twain's sixth studio album is her first since having open-throat surgery in 2018 to strengthen her vocal muscles after a long battle with Lyme disease. In a recent interview with The Associated Press, Twain spoke candidly about the album, which is out Friday, regaining her confidence, singing during throat surgery and preparing for her global upcoming tour, which kicks off April 28.
After a two-year hiatus due to the coronavirus pandemic that brutally brought one of Europe's oldest Mardi Gras celebrations to a halt -- and the Kerstens to the verge of bankruptcy -- celebrations are back with a vengeance this winter.
A podcast mention of the southern Alberta town of Vulcan, and its embracement of all things Star Trek, has prompted festival officials to invite Conan O'Brien to lead its parade.
Canada's egg industry appears to be quietly sidestepping widespread shortages and wildly spiking prices affecting other countries, and some say supply management is to thank.
As the deadline for registered retirement savings plan contributions approaches, one tax expert says it is possible for Canadians to have too much of their savings in a RRSP.
Home organizing expert demonstrates how to keep your kitchen drawers clean, stack bulky pots and store spices neatly.
The world’s largest international Arctic sporting event is underway in northern Alberta, where athletes compete in unique games significant to the cultural identity of the North.
Canada's Bianca Andreescu advanced to the semifinal of the Thailand Open tennis tournament with a 6-0, 7-6 (3) win over Ukraine's Marta Kostyuk on Friday.
Canadian moguls star Mikael Kingsbury continued his torrid pace at the World Cup season earning a silver medal on Thursday.
Formula One's governing body confirmed the six engine providers for the 2026-30 cycle on Friday which aims to use sustainable fuels and greater electric power.
Ford will return to Formula One as the engine provider for Red Bull Racing in a partnership announced Friday that begins with immediate technical support this season and engines in 2026.
Nearly 6 in 10 public transit users say they feel less safe commuting after string of violent attacks
After a string of violent attacks on public transit in Toronto and other cities, a new survey has found that nearly six in 10 public transit users in Canada say they feel less safe or somewhat less safe while commuting.