Articles by Alexandra Mae Jones
- Nova Scotia's modern 'gold rush' poses huge risk to climate, expert warns
- Urban beekeeping can’t save the bees, new research finds: Why backyard beekeepers should take note
- After 8 years, Trudeau's approval rate falls short of Chretien but beats out his father and Harper
- Waffle maker recalled in U.S., Canada, after reports of burn injuries
- Canadian astronomers discover new Earth-like planet potentially covered in volcanoes
- Want a better night's sleep? Stop looking at the clock, study suggests
- Black, hairy tongue developed after cancer treatment
- Students in Alberta outperformed several other Canadian provinces in reading scores during pandemic
- It's easier to sell and develop gene-edited seeds in Canada now — here's why some organic farmers are worried
- New cancer diagnoses dropped sharply in 2020 in Canada amid health-care turmoil: StatCan
Alexandra Mae JonesContact
Alexandra is a freelance writer for CTVNews.ca, where she reports on a variety of topics, from scientific studies about sharks and space, to viral videos, to breaking news from around the globe.
She is based in Toronto and got her start in journalism with a two-year stint at the Toronto Star on the breaking news desk.
As a student journalist, she won a John H. McDonald Award for a piece written in 2016 for The Strand, a newspaper published out of Victoria College within the University of Toronto.
Alexandra has a bachelor of arts in english and drama from the University of Toronto, and a master of fine arts in creative writing with the University of Guelph. Her creative work has appeared in several literary magazines, and she published her first novel in 2022.
She speaks English.