Three London, Ont. residents have been arrested following a months-long drug trafficking investigation that began on Walpole Island First Nation, according to Ontario Provincial Police. Ontario Provincial Police say they have seized an estimated $1.2 million worth of illicit drugs, weapons and vehicles as part of a months-long drug trafficking investigation spanning several southwestern Ontario communities. Police announced the results of the investigation, dubbed Project Brake, during a news conference at Walpole Island First Nation on Wednesday. “Whether it’s drug trafficking, firearms offenses, organized crime, property crime, or repeat violent offenders. CSU’s use intelligence led policing to target those responsible for causing the greatest harm in our communities, this investigation is an excellent example of that.” said Supt. Andy Bradford, with the OPP Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau. Bradford said, what began as intelligence gathered by CSU investigators developed into a complex, multi-jurisdictional investigation involving officers across West Region specialized provincial resources and partner agencies. The investigation began in April 2026 after police identified suspected drug trafficking activity originating on Walpole Island First Nation. According to the OPP, the investigation centred on a man from London who was allegedly involved in trafficking drugs in the Lambton and Chatham-Kent regions. On July 17, police arrested three suspects, all from London. There names are expected to be released by OPP Wednesday afternoon Two of the accused remain in custody, while the third was released on bail. Police allege the group was involved in distributing illicit drugs. As part of the investigation, officers seized: The OPP estimates the total value of the seized drugs, weapons and vehicles at approximately $1.2 million. Police say the source of the fentanyl remains under investigation. However, investigators have determined the drugs were intended for distribution within Canada and were not being trafficked out of the country. The investigation involved police operations in multiple communities across southwestern Ontario. The OPP says Project Brake represents a significant disruption to an alleged drug trafficking network operating in the region. The investigation remains ongoing, and police say additional information may be released as the case proceeds through the courts. All allegations have not been proven in court. Acting Chief Supt. Andrea Quenneville of the OPP said community safety concerns related to the harmful effects of illegal drugs had been identified as a priority through collaboration between the OPP, Lambton detachment, Walpole Island Police Service and community leaders. “These concerns were transformed into action,” Quenneville said. Walpole Island First Nation Chief Leela Thomas said the investigation was about more than the drugs and arrests. “For our community, this has much more to do than the seizure of illicit drugs or the number of arrests,” Thomas said. “It is about protecting people, our community, our families, especially our children and our youth and our vulnerable.”