All of the charges against Tyler Matthew Winchester were dismissed in February and March of 2026. A 27-year-old Cambridge, N.S., man is facing charges related to sexual offences following an alleged sexual assault in the community. Kings District RCMP responded to a report of a woman who had been sexually assaulted at a Cambridge home around 2:15 p.m. on July 7. Tyler Matthew Winchester has been charged with: “The offences for which Winchester is charged involve one victim, but the investigation is ongoing and we have not ruled out the potential for more victims,” said Staff Sgt. Ed Nugent, senior operations NCO for Kings District RCMP, in a news release. Winchester was held in custody and appeared in Kentville provincial court on July 9. Police say he remains in custody and is scheduled to appear in court again on Aug. 6. “Anyone who may be experiencing human trafficking is encouraged to contact the Nova Scotia Human Trafficking hotline or their local police. Our first priority is supporting survivors, and we only proceed if they’re comfortable with charges being laid,” said Nugent. The Nova Scotia Human Trafficking Hotline, 902-449-2425, is monitored 24/7 by a specially trained victim support police officer. Anonymous tips can be made to Nova Scotia Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or online www.crimestoppers.ns.ca. For more Nova Scotia news, visit our dedicated provincial page