Alkaline green smoothie and blender greens
Julie Cove, Holistic nutritionist
Published Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:00AM EST
Last Updated Friday, March 18, 2016 10:29AM EDT
These handy recipes are perfect for those of us who have a hard time ensuring we get enough greens in our diet.
Alkaline Green Smoothie
Makes 16-18 ounces
- 3 medium kale leaves, torn
- 1/3 cup thick coconut mylk or meat of ½ young coconut
- Juice of 1 lime
- 6 inch piece English cucumber, scrubbed
- 5 sprigs mint
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1 ince piece ginger, scrubbed
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup coconut water, or more as needed
- 2-3 drops liquid stevia
- 1-2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1-2 tsp 3-6-9 omega oil
- Blend the kale with the coconut water and lime juice until smooth.
- Add the cucumber, herbs, ginger, avocado, coconut mlyk (or coconut meat), stevia, and hemp hearts and blend again.
- Stir in the 3-6-9 oil and pulse lightly to combine.
- Pour into a glass, pretty it up with a sprig of mint or a wedge of lime, and drink your greens.
Makes 16-20 ounces
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 2 leaves + stalks kale
- 2 leaves + stalks Swiss chard
- 8-10 oz filtered, alkaline water or coconut water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 stalk celery
- ½ small romaine or leaf lettuce
- ½ English cucumber, scrubbed
- 6 sprigs parsley
- 6 sprigs mint
- 1 inch piece ginger, scrubbed
- 1-2 tbsp omega-3 oil
- Blend the spinach, kale, and Swiss chard with the alkaline water (or coconut water) and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add the celery, lettuce, cucumber, herbs and ginger and blend again until smooth.
- Stir in the omega-3 oil and pulse lightly to combine.
- Pour into glasses and sip with a straw to avoid the foam.