Johnny Reid contest rules and regulations
Published Monday, November 1, 2010 1:33PM EDT
Johnny Reid in Quebec City
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
November 01, 2010 - November 12, 2010
1. TO ENTER the Johnny Reid in Quebec City contest (the "Contest") simply send an e-mail to email@example.com. Entries will be rejected if entry is not fully completed and submitted during the Contest Period. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries must include your first and last name, address, email address, age and ten digit day time and evening telephone number. Limit of one (1) entry per individual per week. Contest starts at 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Monday, November 01, 2010 and closes on Friday, November 12, 2010 at 12:00 noon ET (the "Contest Period"). There are two (2) grand prizes (collectively the "Prizes" and each, a "Prize") to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Limit of one Prize per entrant. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The contest sponsors are CTV Inc. (Canada A.M.) and and Fairmont Hotels Inc.,Porter Airlines Inc., EMI Music Canada, a division of EMI Group Canada Inc., (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest Sponsors").
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada and be over the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a CTV contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
4. Prizes - There are two (2) Prizes each consisting of a trip for two (2) to Le Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada, two (2) tickets to the Johnny Reid Christmas Concert (30-40 minute) at Le Chateau Frontenac, one (1) Autographed copy of the deluxe version of "A Place Called Home", two (2) Breakfasts for two at Le Chateau Frontenac and two (2) passes to an exclusive VIP reception after the concert. Trip includes: round trip economy air fare for two (2) from a major Canadian airport closest to the Prize winner's place of residence in Canada (hereinafter referred to as the "Departure Point") to Toronto, Ontario on November 25th, 2010 and round trip airfare for two on an exclusive chartered Porter Airlines flight to Quebec City; two (2) nights accommodation (based on one (1) room, double occupancy) at Le Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City on November 26th and 27th, 2010. If winner and travelling companion live more than 300 km from Toronto, Ontario Contest Sponsors will provide economy airfare for two (2) from the nearest major airport , to Toronto, Ontario and one (1) night accommodation (based on one(1) room, double occupancy) in Toronto as chosen by the Contest Sponsors. Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein including, without limitation, applicable taxes, fuel/currency surcharges, ground transportation, meals and beverages, other than described herein, as applicable, room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, insurance together with any required travel documentation, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature,. Departure dates and accommodations are subject to availability and change without notice or compensation. Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are also solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the Departure Point as the Prize originates and terminates there. It is the sole responsibility of the Prize winner and his/her travelling companion to obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas, as applicable and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements. Prize winner and his/her travelling companion must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion and authority failing which the Prize will be forfeited. It is recommended that Prize winner and his/her travelling companion obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure. Travel Departure from Toronto to Quebec City must take place on Friday, November 26, 2010. Approximate retail value of each Prize is Three Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($3,500.00) Cdn. based on Toronto departure. In the event Prize winner resides within a 300 km radius of Toronto, Ontario the Prize is deemed not to include airfare to Toronto, Ontario on November 25th, 2010 and no cash will be provided in lieu thereof.
5. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prizes in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prizes are unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. No change in travel arrangements can be made by the winner once the booking has been confirmed. The Prize may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other reward point accumulation program.
6. On Monday, November 15, 2010 at approximately 10:00 a.m., a random draw for the Prizes will take place at CTV Inc., Scarborough, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first two entries drawn will be eligible to win the Grand Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. CTV Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential winner by telephone within two (2) business days after the draw. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by CTV by telephone. Before being awarded a Prize, potential winner and his or her travelling companion, or if under the age of majority, his or her parent or legal guardian, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations ("Rules"), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner's, participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later then Wednesday, November 17, 2010.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting names of prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right (subject only to the consent of the Regie des alcools, des course et des jeux) to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right (subject only to the consent of the Regie des alcools, des course et des jeux) to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion, further reserve their right to terminate the on-line portion, as applicable, of the Contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries and all other entries (as applicable) previously received during the Contest Period. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant's computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
9. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsors for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsors will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsors should be addressed to CTV Television Inc. (Canada A.M.) at 9 Channel Nine Court, Scarborough, ON, M1S 4B5.
10. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest may be submitted to the Regie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Quebec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Regie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Contest Rules, as applicable, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
12. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
LEGALS for the Johnny Reid in Quebec City Contest
- Super: No purchase necessary. Contest starts at 6:00 a.m. ET on Monday, November 01, 2010 and closes on Friday, November 12, 2010 at 12:00 noon ET. Complete contest rules and regulations available at Canadaam.ctv.ca. Open to legal residents of Canada over the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides. Must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill testing question to be declared a winner. Approximate retail value of each of the two (2) Prizes is Three Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($3,500.00) Cdn. based on Toronto departure. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.