An area of Minnow Lake in Sudbury was declared safe Wednesday afternoon following concerns about a suspected gas leak. Fire and other emergency crews were on the scene for much of the day in the 2100 block of Bancroft Drive. “Our hazmat team is on scene doing air monitoring and assessing the leak,” fire services said on social media. In an email to CTV News this afternoon, Sudbury fire chief Rob Grimwood said crews have left the scene, although Enbridge will remain on the site for the time being. “Issue resolved,” Grimwood said. The suspected leak was centred on Bancroft Street near Second Avenue in Minnow Lake. 12 buildings have been evacuated “The call is a natural gas leak with elevated levels coming from the sewer, and Enbridge is on scene attempting to find the source of the leak,” Grimwood said earlier in the day. As a precaution, 12 structures were cleared and Bancroft was closed from Second Avenue to Third Avenue.