What will America be after Nov. 8?: Canadians brace for U.S. election impact
Published Saturday, November 5, 2016 8:00PM EDT
W5 is anchored in Philadelphia as the most tumultuous U.S. presidential election in memory comes down to voting day.
Host Kevin Newman travelled to Pennsylvania - a key swing state - examining the tension and anger that has fuelled Donald Trump’s rise, and the hope of Hillary Clinton's supporters that last-minute doubts don't derail her hope to be the first woman to earn the White House.
W5 also looks past the election to what the result could mean for Canadians, whose jobs are tied to political stability in the U.S.
Watch the episode in our player above, after 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, Nov. 5, 2016.
Supporting documents and links
Articles on Pennsylvania:
- ‘We’re so sexy and important’: How Pennsylvania became the prom queen of 2016
- Suburban Women Find Little to Like in Donald Trump’s Debate Performance
Articles on NAFTA and how the election results could affect Canada:
- Mulroney to Trump: NAFTA has stemmed flow of Mexicans to U.S.
- How a Trump victory could affect Canada
- How a Clinton victory could affect Canada
Documents from Global Affairs Canada on NAFTA: