Karl Lohnes unveils new, innovative kitchen appliances
Published Monday, November 7, 2011 11:08AM EST
Last Updated Saturday, May 19, 2012 6:18AM EDT
Karl Lohnes looks at the most interesting and advanced kitchen appliances hitting the Canadian market.
Bosch VitaFresh Refrigerator
- Feature: The high-tech lining within the fridge drawers helps to maintain the perfect balance of temperature, humidity and air circulation. It has an AirFResh filter that does not need replacing. This keeps ice tasting and smelling better longer.
- Benefits: Food stays fresh longer; up to two times longer than a conventional fridge. This product is EnergyStar rated as well.
- Price: $2999
Frigidaire 30" Freestanding Electric Double Oven Range
- Features: Full double ovens, five elements (two of which are expandable), plus a warming zone.
- Benefit: Each oven can hold a 28-pound turkey. You can also bake using half the heat of a full oven.
- Price: $2200
Thermador Masterpiece Induction Cooktop with Senor Dome
- Features: The Senor Dome feature monitors the heat of the pan so that food cooks at the constant heat level you want. You get the immediate heat of gas with the convenience of electric cooktops.
- Benefits: Induction offers immediate "On" and "Off" heat, which is extremely safe and easy to use. It cooks food and boils water faster and safer.
- Price: $5150
- NOTE: MUST USE A PARTICULAR TYPE OF PAN. If a magnet sticks to the bottom of the pan, then it is suitable for induction cooktops. Try the StarFrit Cat Cora Pot and Pan set…it's the best price at less than $200 for the full set.
Bosch 800 Plus Series Dishwasher
- Features: Has a silence rating as quiet as a library. No other dishwasher is as quiet or efficient.
- Benefits: This dishwasher is great for open-concept homes where noise is a factor. The half-load option also reduces energy and water consumption dramatically.
- Price: $2400
Sharp Microwave Oven Drawer
- Features: Mounts under the counter and is built-in. A lockout button also offers peace of mind when parents are away.
- Benefits: Much safer when mounted lower. It's also good for families -- you can stir without taking out dish.
- Price: $1100
Scholtes 24" Built-in Wine Fridge
- Features: Holds 24 bottles, offers UV light protection and clean air circulation. Sits flush to the cupboard depth.
- Benefits: The perfect size for those who want to integrate a wine fridge into an average-sized kitchen.
- Price: $1999 www.scholtesamerica.com
Jura Impressa J9 Coffee Machine
- Features: One touch automatically makes lattes, espressos and cappuccino. Has a .6-litre vacuum milk container.
- Benefit: One button does it all. This top-notch machine offers ease, simplicity and barista-quality results. You don't have to move the cup in order to get the espresso and milk.
- Price: $2995
DeLonghi Hand Blender
- Features: It has three blades and a stainless shaft allows you to blend hot soups and sauces right in the pot. Rubberized handle keeps the blender non-slip and the buttons protected.
- Benefit: Easy to clean, this is a great product for small-space kitchens. A great gift for entertainers and home chefs.
- Price: $99
KitchenAid Architect Series Food Processor
- Features: This machine has an external adjustment for slicing that allows you to control the thickness of the blade. You can choose thin or thick slicing without opening the lid. It also has an ultra-wide feed tube large enough for potatoes or cucumbers.
- Benefits: Family-sized for serious cooks. It's also good looking enough to be left on the counter.
- Price: $399
Holiday Tree Trimming Trends: With Christmas just around the corner, allow me to show you stylish decor and entertaining ideas for your home this season. Discover the latest trends in tree d�cor and holiday centerpieces. Learn the must-know colour trends for 2012. You