A 35-year-old man is expected to appear in court Friday following the death of his intimate partner earlier this week, Montreal police say. On Monday, police were called to an apartment on 39e Street, near the intersection of Paul-Corbeil Street in the city’s Saint-Michel neighbourhood, and found a 41-year-old woman, who was pronounced dead at the scene. Both she and the 35-year-old man had similar injuries caused by a “sharp object,” a police spokesperson said. The man, who was considered by police to be a suspect, was in a coma over the last few days. On Thursday, Montreal police spokesperson Manuel Couture said he had been arrested by major crime investigators and will make a court appearance on unspecified charges. The woman’s death marked the 13th suspected femicide in Quebec this year and the 16th homicide of 2026 in Montreal. Another man, aged 51, who was considered to be a suspect in the death of a 44-year-old woman last Sunday, also in Saint-Michel, has died in hospital, police confirmed on Friday.