A rare sit-down between Quebec Premier Francois Legault and the head of the provincial federation representing family doctors took place Tuesday, with both parties hoping to restart negotiations. The face-to-face meeting between the government and the Federation of General Practitioners of Quebec (FMOQ) president Marc-André Amyot took place after weeks of strained talks over the province’s health reform. On social media Tuesday, Legault called the discussion “constructive.” He repeated a similar message at the National Assembly on Wednesday. “I can’t believe that together we can’t find ways to provide these services,” he said. Negotiations between the two sides have been at a standstill for weeks. Doctors have been pushing to suspend Bill 2, which in part changes the way they’re compensated. READ MORE: What’s in Quebec’s controversial doctors’ bill? The CAQ has not budged on its stance. As the premier takes on a more visible role in the labour dispute, it appears Health Minister Christian Dubé is taking a back seat, but Dubé insists he’s still very much involved. “Everyone knows that’s how it works,” he said. Political analyst Victor Henriquez said the FMOQ doesn’t trust the health minister. “It’s very difficult to have constructive discussions when you don’t trust what people are telling you,” he said. The FMOQ declined to comment. Henriquez says now that the premier has stepped in, it’s a sign the tone is changing. “Now, the fact that… Premier Legault met with the president of the federation is a way for the government to show to the federations that they are serious, in the fact that they’re trying to find solutions to work together,” he said. The two groups are hoping to head back to the negotiating table, though who will actually sit down to the table is so far unclear.