The transit bus involved in a crash in Fredericton last week was part of the city’s new fleet purchased in March 2025. The City of Fredericton says it’s conducting an internal review into the incident. According to the review by the city Friday, the bus – which was carrying 12 passengers – slid into a ditch on Hilton Road before tipping over and striking a power pole around 5 p.m. on Dec. 29, 2025. Police, fire, ambulance and NB Power all responded to the incident. The driver and six passengers were taken to the hospital and treated for non-life-threatening injuries, says the city. Weather conditions were falling sleet and snow with temperatures just below freezing. Following the crash, Fredericton Transit suspended service at 7:15 p.m., citing worsening weather, with the final run being made at 9:15 p.m. Service returned to normal the next morning. The city says the bus was operating with new tires installed in November 2025. The vehicle was purchased new and placed in service less than a year ago. “The vehicle is now out of service and will be inspected by the city’s insurance provider to determine whether it will be repaired or replaced,” read the statement from the city Friday. For more New Brunswick news, visit our dedicated provincial page.