Conservative leadership candidates debate on CTV Power Play: Day 4
Published Thursday, April 6, 2017 10:05AM EDT
Last Updated Thursday, April 6, 2017 12:38PM EDT
Welcome to the final day of CTV Power Play's series of four debates, featuring all of the candidates running for the Conservative leadership.
- Chris Alexander, Deepak Obhrai and Brad Trost
- Recap of Day 1 featuring Andrew Saxton, Rick Peterson, Lisa Raitt and Erin O'Toole
- Recap of Day 2 featuring Maxime Bernier, Kellie Leitch, Kevin O'Leary and Andrew Scheer
- Recap of Day 3 featuring Steven Blaney, Michael Chong and Pierre Lemieux
- The economy, the deficit and taxes
- The UN, peacekeeping and dealing with U.S. President Donald Trump
- Immigration and border security.
- Winning in 2019:W hat’s it going to take?
How to follow along:
- Watch on CTV News Channel at 5 p.m. ET
- Watch on CTV News Go
- Follow our live blog below
The format will be broken down into four daily segments with three or four candidates, chosen randomly based on their availability, and will cover four topics.
Each candidate has one minute to introduce themselves as worthy of the Conservative leadership.
Then the questions begin: Each candidate will have one minute to answer or react to another candidate’s position. The first candidate asked the question will have a 30-second rebuttal to end the segment.
To finish off the debate, each candidate will be given one minute to sum up the debate. A bell will sound to signal time is up. If that’s ignored, we will mute the microphone so we can give equal time to the others.