Articles by Cillian O'Brien
- Would you like confession with that? Canadian Catholic church offers drive-thru sacraments
- Google's sharing Canadians' location data with the government, but says privacy's assured
- Philanthropist Sophie Desmarais donates $1M to COVID-19 research in Montreal
- 'Bitter and disappointed': Canadians on coronavirus cruise ship face further anxious wait to dock
- Vaccine watch: These are the efforts being made around the world
- People are reporting on their neighbours over COVID-19 concerns
- Sunwing to temporarily lay off 1,500 flight staff amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Toronto hospital appeals for volunteers to sew surgical masks amid supply shortage
- George, Charlotte and Louis join Royal Family in applauding national health-care workers
- Canadian pig farmer keeps his distance by tossing hams to customers
Cillian joined CTV News’ national digital team as a Toronto-based web reporter in 2018 with more than a decade’s worth of journalism experience in the U.K. and Ireland.
His work appeared across the British and Irish national press before he immigrated to Canada and settled in Toronto.
Cillian was a senior multimedia journalist with the Irish Daily Mirror newspaper in Dublin, Ireland, and has covered all kinds of hard news stories, with a recent focus on crime and court reporting.
Prior to the Daily Mirror, Cillian worked in the U.K. regional press where he was a business reporter for two years at the Birmingham Post.
As a local reporter he has covered everything from city hall to interviewing a British prime minister.
As well as working in digital-first newsrooms, Cillian has experience in public relations, is a published travel writer and teaches English as a foreign language.
He holds a bachelor’s degree in journalism and editorial design and a certificate in English language teaching to adults from the University of Cambridge.
Cillian loves all things science fiction and is enjoying his deep dive into Canadian culture.
He speaks English.