Maple BBQ salmon
Prep: 15 minutes, cook: 30 minutes
- 4 Fresh Atlantic Salmon portions
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
- Mix the maple syrup, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Place salmon portions in a shallow dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon portions in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning over at 15 minutes.
- Drain the salmon steaks and discard used marinade.
- BBQ the salmon portions over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked to taste.
Asian salmon in parchment pouches with lemongrass couscous
Flavour, Flavour, Flavour! Equally great as a fancy weekend dinner or quick weeknight dish! The lemongrass couscous tastes great on its own or with the leftover sauce inside the parchment.
Prep: 15 minutes, cook: 25 minutes
Ingredients for Salmon:
- ¼ cup of hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup of soy
- 1 pound of Atlantic salmon filets
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- ½ pound of shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, and brushed clean with warm water on cloth. (Sliced in half)
- ½ pound of asparagus (or 3 stalks per pouch)
- 1 fresh piece of ginger (skin trimmed off)
- 4 garlic cloves (skin off)
- Chili flakes (small amount)
- 2 tsps. of Longo’s Olive oil
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
Ingredients for lemongrass couscous:
- 1 cup of Lemongrass Couscous
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 stalk of lemongrass (smashed with back end of knife)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut 4 equal size pieces of parchment paper to place salmon inside of. Mix hoisin and soy together in a small bowl.
- Place salmon in the centre of parchment paper. Brush hoisin and soy on fish. Place pieces of onions on side of salmon followed by shiitake mushrooms. Grate ginger and garlic on top of salmon. Asparagus is now added on top of salmon followed by chili flakes and salt and pepper.
- Fold parchment over fish and twist ends of paper to seal. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes
- While fish is in the oven in a medium sized saucepan boil vegetable stock and smashed lemongrass. When actively boiling add couscous and cook for 2 minutes at high heat.
- Turn off heat and cover for 5 minutes.
- When couscous has completely absorbed the liquid, discard lemongrass and fluff couscous with fork.