Whipping up a JUNO calibre appetizer
Published Monday, March 21, 2016 6:00AM EDT Last Updated Monday, March 21, 2016 9:51AM EDT
Chef Roger Mooking will be the first-ever celebrity chef to make the menu for the JUNO gala dinner and awards, serving a three course meal for the 1,200 attendees. Mooking has some history with the awards, having won a JUNO in 1994.
Made up of:
- Baby Greens & Sunset Campari Bomb - Boston, Basil, Kale, Arugula, Sidewalk Citizen Spiced Croutes, Roasted Garlic Nuh Gana Dressing, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juno Awards 2016
Recipes Copyright Roger Mooking 2016
Yield: 4 servings
- Sidewalk Citizen Staple Sourdough Loaf
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Slice sourdough loaf widthwise into ½” thick slices. Mix all ingredients together and using a pastry brush, distribute mixture on 4 slices of sourdough.
- Toast bread in oven 6 minutes.
- Let cool on baking tray.
Slow Roasted Sunset Campari Tomatoes
Preheat oven to 350F. Toss whole Sunset Campari tomatoes gently with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 16 minutes. Cool on baking tray until room temperature. Store gently until service as they are meant to be blistered but intact for service.
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tsp Water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Toss garlic cloves with olive oil, salt, pepper and water.
- Place garlic cloves on prepared baking sheet and cover tightly with aluminium foil.
Bake for 45 minutes or until cloves are tender. Let cool on baking tray.
Nuh Gana Dressing
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 red sweet pepper, roasted, peeled and deveined
- 8 cloves of roasted garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and puree until smooth.
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 cups of loosely packed baby Kale
- 2 cups of loosely packed baby Arugula
- ½ cup torn fresh Basil leaves
- 2 cup torn Boston bib lettuce
- Gently toss ingredients together to combine.