Toy trends include robotic pets, 'Star Wars'
Jim Silver, CEO of Toys, Tots, Pets & More, holds the Star Wars The Black Series Kylo Ren Force FX Lightsaber, in New York, on Sept. 29, 2015. (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)
The Associated Press
Published Wednesday, November 25, 2015 2:20PM EST
NEW YORK -- Which toys will warm the hearts of parents and kids for the holiday 2015 shopping season?
Holiday toys hit the shelves in recent weeks. And so far, just as in the past few years, there's no single hot toy emerging. But anything "Star Wars," life-like robotic pets and remote controlled toys should drive sales.
As the holiday shopping season kickoff starts over Thanksgiving weekend, toy sales will heat up.
The Associated Press has compiled a list of some of this year's expected hot toys and trends for 2015:
- The Black Series Kylo Ren Force FX Lightsaber by Hasbro: toy weapon makes light and sound effects. $199.99.
- BladeBuilders Jedi Master Lightsaber set from Hasbro: system allows kids to customize weapons. $49.99.
- The Force Awaken's BB-8 Droid by Sphero: remote-controlled robot that connects to an app. It changes expression and even perks up when given voice commands. $149.99.
- Star Wars Millennium Falcon RC Quad by Spin Master: remote-controlled version of the iconic ship. $140
- Little Live Pets CleverKeet from Moose Toys: interactive, singing and talking bird. He responds to voice. $59.99.
- Imaginext Ultra T-Rex from Mattel's Fisher-Price: robotic dinosaur that has sound effects, walks, stands and fires projectiles. $99.99.
- FurReal Friends StarLily My Magical Unicorn from Hasbro: robotic unicorn with a horn that lights up. Also can spread and flutter her wings. It connects to an app. $119.99.
- Smart Toy Bear from Mattel's Fisher-Price: plush bear that connects to an app and customizes based on the child's preferences. $99.99.
- Bright Beats Dance & Move BeatBo: Press BeatBo's tummy or any of the buttons on his feet to activate fun songs. Parents or the baby can record a phrase that can be remixed into a song for language and communication skills. $39.99.
- Kidizoom Smartwatch DX from VTech: smartwatch for kids that can take pictures and videos. $64.99
FAST AND FURIOUS:
- Nerf Rival from Hasbro: latest blaster under Nerf that has a trigger lock and high-impact rounds. $49.99 (1200 blaster) $24.99 (700 blaster)
- Marvel Avengers XPV Remote Control Hulk Smash Vehicle from Jakks-Pacific: remote-controlled Hulk that smashes, flips and does wheelies. $69.99.
- Anki Overdrive robotic car set: radio-controlled car set that works with an android or iPhone device. $149.99.
- Paw Patroller from Spin Master: toy truck inspired from Nickelodeon's animated series "Paw Patrol" features a working elevator, a functional Command Center inside and sound effects. $59.99.
- Pie Face from Hasbro: Kids put whipped cream or a wet sponge on the "hand" of the game and start turning the handle. It could go off any minute -- and splat. $19.99