Recipe: Effortless Vegan Overnight Oats
Published Tuesday, March 4, 2014 8:16AM EST Last Updated Tuesday, March 4, 2014 9:30AM EST
Effortless Vegan Overnight Oats
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 large banana, mashed
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Fresh mixed berries, or other fruit
- Ultimate Nutty Granola Clusters
- Hemp seeds
- Pure maple syrup or other sweetener
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 3
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oats, almond milk, chia seeds, banana and cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate overnight to thicken.
- In the morning, stir the oat mixture to combine. Serve the oats in a jar or parfait dish, alternating w layers of fresh fruit (such as mixed berries), granola, hemp seeds, and a drizzle of sweetener, if desired.
Tips: If your Vegan Overnight Oats have a runny consistency even after they soak, simply stir in an additional 1 tablespoon chia seeds and place the mixture back in the fridge until it has thickened up. If the oat mixture is too thick, simply add a splash of milk and stir to combine.
Tropical Beauty Green Monster
- 1 cup coconut water or water
- 1 cupdestemmed kale leaves or baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen mango, or 1 fresh mango, chopped
- ½ cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 to 2 tbsp fresh lime juice, to taste
- 1 tsp minced, peeled fresh ginger
- Liquid sweetener, to taste (optional)
- Ice cubes, if desired
Prep time: 5 minutes
In a high-speed blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Add a drink umbrella to get the party started!
Out-the-Door Chia Power Doughnuts
- ¾ cup gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Coconut lemon whipped cream
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 22-26 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease a 6-cavity doughnut pan w oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, chia seeds, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the maple syrup, milk, and vanilla and stir until combined. The batter will be very runny but this is normal.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared doughnut pan, filling each cavity to the top.
- Bake the doughnuts for 22 to 26 minutes, until firm to the touch. A toothpick inserted into a doughnut should come out clean.
- Cool the doughnuts in the pan for about 10 minutes, and then carefully invert the pan onto a cooling rack. The doughnuts should pop right out - if they don't, let them cool a bit more and gently run a butter knife along the edges of the wells to loosen them. Cool the doughnuts completely on the rack.
- Drizzle the Coconut lemon whipped cream over the top and enjoy. You can also use the whipped cream as a dip if you prefer a travel friendly option.