Gourmet Salmon from the Rocky Mountaineer
Jean Pierre Guerin, executive chef, Rocky Mountaineer
Published Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:06AM EDT
Last Updated Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:14AM EDT
British Columbia Pacific Sockeye Salmon
- 1/4 cup shaved fennel
- 10 drops lemon juice
- 4, 8 oz portions sockeye salmon (boneless, skin on)
- 1/2 tsp smoked sea salt
- 1 cup assorted vegetables
- 8 baby potatoes (approx 2 cups)
- Sprig of dill or sprouts for garnish
Mustard Olive Oil Dressing Ingredients
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Shave fennel thinly on a mandolin and add lemon juice to avoid oxidation.
- Pan fry salmon (skin side down) and finish in the oven at 350° F for 8 minutes.
- Sauté fresh trimmed vegetables and season.
- Roast baby red potatoes in oven until cooked and season.
- Prepare Mustard Olive Oil dressing as a vinaigrette and season.
- Serving: Place vegetables at the bottom of the plate. Place salmon on top of vegetables. Place shaved fennel slaw on top of salmon. Garnish with a sprig of dill or other greens. Drizzle vinaigrette over the top and around the salmon.