Chunky chocolate pecan and berry granola
Published Monday, March 28, 2016 6:00AM EDT Last Updated Monday, March 28, 2016 3:31PM EDT
Julie Albert and Lisa Gnat have teamed up to provide hearty, healthy and different dishes in their latest cookbook "Lick Your Plate" to help you in the kitchen.
Chunky Chocolate Pecan & Berry Granola
Makes: 6 cups
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- ½ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pecans, coconut and pumpkin seeds. In a small bowl, whisk together honey, melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Pour over oat mixture and toss well to coat.
- Spread granola evenly over prepared baking sheet. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add chocolate chunks, dried cranberries and dried cherries, mixing to combine.
- Cool completely and store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week.