'Walking Dead' panel called off for stuntman's funeral
Andrew Lincoln, from left, Greg Nicotero, Norman Reedus, Melissa McBride, and Lennie James attend "The Walking Dead" panel on day two of Comic-Con International on July 21, 2017, in San Diego. (Al Powers/Invision/AP)
The Associated Press
Published Friday, July 28, 2017 7:29AM EDT
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- The AMC channel says a producers' panel discussion for "The Walking Dead" is off because it conflicts with the funeral for a stuntman killed in an on-set fall.
In a statement Thursday, AMC said some of the five producers scheduled to appear on the weekend panel will be attending services for 33-year-old stuntman John Bernecker.
Authorities in Georgia said that Bernecker died July 12 after falling head-first onto concrete instead of on padding meant to cushion his roughly 22-foot (7-meter) fall from a balcony. The accident occurred on the show's set south of Atlanta.
The discussion, planned Saturday with the Television Critics Association, was to mark the upcoming eighth season of the zombie apocalypse drama.
A Comic-Con panel with some stars and some producers proceeded last week in San Diego.