Alec Baldwin quits Twitter again
Alec Baldwin poses backstage with the award for outstanding performance by a male actor in a comedy series for "30 Rock" at the 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards on Sunday Jan. 29, 2012 in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Chris Pizzello)
Published Tuesday, July 3, 2012 7:24AM EDT
Last Updated Tuesday, July 3, 2012 7:26AM EDT
Alec Baldwin has quit Twitter again.
The hotheaded '30 Rock' actor - who married yoga instructor Hilaria Thomas on Saturday - signed off his personal account on the micro-blogging site with the words "It's been fun" before updating the page to reflect its new function.
It will now feature tweets related to the Alec Baldwin Foundation only, which he says aims to "support the arts and artists, amateur and professional".
Alec's personal Twitter page has previously featured a number of controversial tweets including "A 'photographer' almost hit me in the face with his camera this morning #allpaparazzishouldbewaterboarded" and in answer to the question "Would you be rather loved by CRITICS or ADORED by FANS??" he answered "I'd rather be licked by a dog."
Alec first quit Twitter last December after he was removed from an American Airlines flight for allegedly refusing to stop using his mobile phone but a friend said at the time: "He just takes time off and will likely return".
Last week, Alec got into another physical altercation with a photographer, making it the second incident in two weeks.
He was involved in a scuffle in New York City where he squeezed a paparazzo's arm and verbally blasted him.
The incident took place in the middle of the street outside the star's apartment building where he was seen shouting profanities while holding a pink stuffed animal toy.
After the photographer allegedly told a local resident to "f**k off" when he was asked to leave the area, Alec waded in.
He said: "I want you to shut the f**k up ... leave my neighbor alone ... get outta here."