The widow of Toronto-area man Sina Parsi, whose alleged killers were arrested at a Wal-Mart on Monday, says her late husband was her "best friend" and the love of her life.

Speaking to reporters one day after the arrest, Roya Parsi thanked police for their efforts that led to the arrest of Clyde Marshall, 36, and Sabrina Chouart, 27. They have each been charged with one count of first-degree murder.

"At this moment, it's very hard for me to talk about my husband,” Parsi said. “Sina was a wonderful man. He was caring, he was the love of my life, he was my best friend."

In a post on Twitter, Toronto Police said two suspects were arrested at approximately 9:30 p.m. on Monday, at a Wal-Mart in Niagara Falls. Niagara Regional Police were called after shoppers spotted the pair.

Parsi, 32, disappeared after attending a local soccer game north of Toronto on June 9. His body was found three days later in an eighth-floor apartment unit in the area of Jane Street and St. Clair Avenue West in Toronto. An arrest warrant was then issued for the pair.

As police searched, investigators released two videos of the suspects. One video showed Chouart, Marshall and Parsi walking toward the apartment building around midnight on June 10.

Det. Sgt. Michael Patterson said when Sabrina and Marshall left the building a few hours later, Parsi was already dead in the apartment unit.

The other video shows Chouart and Marshall leaving the apartment with a large dog, which was later found abandoned.

At a news conference prior to the arrests, police said they are not sure how Parsi knew the couple. Patterson said Marshall has a history of violence.

Sabrina’s father, Martial Chouart, told CTV News Channel that he felt “a little bit relieved” at the news that his daughter has been found.

“Especially after the news last night that (Marshall) was armed and dangerous,” he said Tuesday, in a phone interview from Wolf Lake, Que.

Martial said that he hasn’t spoken with his daughter in at least seven months. He said he was afraid her boyfriend would hurt her.

“I had a hard time contacting her, she would only call me from work off a friend’s cellphone so that he wouldn’t find out.”

Martial said he has not heard “a peep” from police regarding his daughter, and learned of her arrest on the news.

His daughter is a “good girl,” Martial said.

“I don’t know what went wrong,” he said. “I don’t understand it, I don’t believe it.”

According to Roya Parsi’s lawyer, Geoffrey Pollock, Parsi was a “passionate” soccer fan.

He says the family is expected to make announcement about an initiative to help disadvantaged youth play soccer in the coming days.

Parsi was buried on Saturday, one day before Father's Day. Pollock said Parsi and his wife were planning on starting a family in the near future.

"He was the love of Roya's life," Pollock said. "They had been married for almost five years."

With files from The Canadian Press