A fingerprint expert testified at trial that a search of Tim Bosma's truck turned up prints that matched with one of the men accused in his death.

The trial of Dellen Millard of Toronto, and Mark Smich of Oakville, Ont., who are accused of killing Bosma, resumed in a Hamilton, Ont., courtroom on Tuesday.

Millard and Smich have both pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in Bosma's death.

The Crown has alleged that Millard and Smich shot and killed 32-year-old Bosma inside his truck, before incinerating his body.

The trial got underway on Monday, nearly three years after Bosma disappeared after he took two strangers for a test drive of a pickup truck he was selling online. His body was found about a week later "burned beyond recognition" on a southern Ontario farm.

Fingerprint expert, Det. Robert Felske, told the court on Tuesday that a fingerprint found on the rear-view mirror of Bosma's truck "matched" a print taken of Millard's right thumb.

"My conclusion was the impression that was made on the rear-view mirror was made by Dellen Millard's right thumb," said Felske, who works for the Halton Regional Police Service.

Earlier Tuesday, Bosma's tenant Wayne De Boer testified.

He recalled that on the night Bosma disappeared -- May 6, 2013 -- he spoke to Bosma's wife Sharlene about how "sketchy" the two men who came to the home for a test drive appeared.

He said Sharlene Bosma got worried about an hour after her husband left with the two strangers.

De Boer said he drove to a local Tim Hortons and Canadian Tire looking for Bosma before Sharlene Bosma called police.

De Boer described Bosma as a "generous person" who worked hard to provide for his family.

Sharlene Bosma took the stand on Monday as the Crown's first witness.

She told the court that her husband had questioned whether he should go along for the test drive, but she encouraged her husband to do so.

The Crown also called Bosma's friend of 10 years, Jesse Kancer, to the stand.

Kancer described Bosma as a "happy-go-lucky guy," who never lost his temper or became violent. 

Kancer testified that he also saw Bosma on the day of his disappearance.

Kancer said that sometime after 6:30 pm., Bosma received a call regarding the sale of his truck, and Bosma told him the potential buyers were coming "now" from the Toronto area.

The pair then spent 15 to 20 minutes cleaning out the vehicle.

At about 11 p.m., Kancer said he received a call from a scared and emotional Sharlene Bosma asking where her husband was.

Kancer told her that he didn't know where his friend was, and sent him a few texts, but never received a response.