Cyanide poisoning of lottery winner devastates wife
The Associated Press
Published Tuesday, January 8, 2013 6:17PM EST
CHICAGO - The wife of an Indian-American lottery winner who was poisoned with cyanide says his death devastated her and she doesn't believe he had any enemies.
Shabana Ansari spoke to The Associated Press on Tuesday afternoon at a dry cleaner her husband started after emigrating to the U.S. from India in 1989. Ansari wouldn't talk about the circumstances of her husband's death, saying it was too painful.
Urooj Khan's death on July 20 was initially ruled a result of natural causes. A relative's request for a deeper look resulted in the conclusion months later that Kahn was poisoned as he was about to collect $425,000 in winnings.
Ansari says she hopes the truth will come out in the homicide investigation.
Ansari recalled Khan as a driven worker and a good person.
Please read our guidelines before commenting on stories.