Top 10 wine and chocolate pairings for Valentine's Day
Published Friday, February 10, 2012 2:49PM EST
Natalie MacLean, the author of the bestseller "Unquenchable: A Tipsy Quest for the World's Best Bargain Wines," shares her top 10 wine and chocolate matches for Valentine's Day. Just click on the wine names below to find stores near you that have these wines in stock.
- Dark Chocolate and Masi Costasera Classico Amarone, Italy.
- Chocolate-Covered Biscotti and Henry of Pelham Vidal Icewine, Niagara.
- Chocolate-Orange Cake and Quinta de Ventozelo Reserva Ruby Port, Portugal.
- Chocolate with Nuts and Fonseca Bin No 27 Port, Portugal.
- Milk Chocolate and Puklus Pinceszet Tokaji, Hungary.
- Bittersweet Chocolate and La Pieve Barolo, Italy.
- Chocolate-Dipped Fruit and Inniskillin Wines Vidal Icewine, Niagara.
- Chocolate Ganache Truffles and Château Guiraud Sauternes, Bordeaux, France.
- Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake and Southbrook Vineyards Framboise, Ontario.
- Chocolate Hearts with Cream Filling and Sandeman Rich Cream Sherry, Spain.
For more information on this author's wine picks and pairings visit Natalie MacLean's webiste.