Sheen says it's time for 'Two and a Half Men' to end
In this undated publicity image released by CBS, from left, Charlie Sheen, Angus T. Jones and Conchata Ferrell are shown during the taping of 'Two and a Half Men,' in Los Angeles. (AP / CBS, Greg Gayne)
Published Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:43AM EST
The 43-year-old actor -- who was sacked from the sitcom last year because of his erratic behaviour and public criticisms of creator Chuck Lorre -- thinks his replacement Ashton Kutcher and the rest of the cast are being given substandard material to work with and says they "deserve" better.
He said: "I don't think it should go on past this year. I just think that people are there because there's nowhere else to go. Yet.
"Hats off to Ashton for doing the best job that he can. I don't think that he's working with the best writing because (Lorre is) doing too many shows. He and (Jon Cryer) and (Angus T. Jones) deserve better material."
Despite his comments, Charlie -- who is now working on a new comedy show, "Anger Management" -- insists he doesn't care what happens to the show because he has moved on and now feels "free."
He added to The Hollywood Reporter: "I don't want to harp on them. Let the clueless stay clueless. I was a puppet there for ratings. But whatever, I don't care. I've moved on, and whatever they're doing there is none of my business."
"Whatever started with Chuck rolled down to all of us. I'm not saying it was s**t, but I'm not saying it was f**king gold either. But whatever, man, they're doing their thing and I'm free from their bondage."
He may be disappointed with the quality of "Two and a Half Men," but Charlie promised fans will love his new show.
He said: "We will not disappoint. At this stage of the game, to deliver a turd? It's not going to happen.
"It's going to be an absolute f**king rocket ship to the moon."