Loren Christie on great travel stocking stuffers
Published Friday, December 9, 2011 8:51AM EST
Not sure what to get the globetrotter on your Christmas list? If you are looking for stocking stuffers for your favourite traveller that won't break the bank, here are some travel-themed suggestions to add to your shopping list.
- Conditioner, Shampoo, Body Wash & Shaving sheets (just dissolve them in water and use them to shave, wash, etc).
- Avoid the 100 mL rule of liquids by taking these sheets instead.
- Come in packs of 50 sheets.
- Fit in your pocket.
- Price: $4.99 or $5.95.
- When you're in a rush or on the road, there's no time to seek out a barbershop. With this compact battery-operated shaver in your pocket, carry-on or briefcase, you can spruce your 'stache or groom your goatee neatly, discreetly and at a moment's notice.
- Price: $12.00.
- Digital camera in the rain? iPod® in the toilet ? Watch overboard? The Bheestie® is here to dry your gear. Open the moisture-blocking Mylar bag, seal in your wet device and let it sit overnight amongst the ultra-absorbent beads
- You can also prolong the life of your favorite headphones or MP3 player by storing them in the Bheestie® after workouts.
- Reuse the bag for up to a year, or replace it when the beads turn from blue to white.
- Price: $29.
- Portable charger minimizes cable clutter and maximizes style by placing multiple charging outlets on a single bar that rolls up into a slip-proof, polyurethane mat.
- Can refuel up to four devices simultaneously while occupying just a single wall outlet.
- Price: $59
- Got an itch to travel? Whether you explore the world by land, sea, air or armchair, use our scratch-off mini-map to show where you've been or plot your dream itinerary. Simply rub off the golden finish to reveal colorful continents, capital cities and fun facts and create a color-coded log of your journeys.
- The original Scratch Map, in a mini travel size.
- Pen included.
- Rolls up to fit easily into a carry-on or backpack
If you are in Toronto, make a quick swing by the Travel Stop and you can find a whole store of travel gifts including:
- Novelty luggage tags from Inventive Travelware for $5.00
- Travel Essentials Dual Voltage Kettle, a mini travel kettle with two drinking cups for $11.00.
- Travel Essentials Travel Laundry Kit, including detergent, laundry line and sink stopper for $11.00.
- The Travel Towel is made out of spa-weave microfiber, making it ultra-absorbent, lightweight and fast drying. Priced at $29.00.
- The 4-In-1 Super Torch Alarm is a flashlight, anti-mugging alarm, fire alarm and travelling door/window alarm for $32.00.
- The Travelon Bag Bungee is for people who don't have sets of matching luggage. It allows you to move two items as one by securing a second bag, coat or item to your larger bag. Priced at $19.00.