Raw pork products sold in Alberta recalled over E. coli concerns
Lotte brand Choco Pies are being recalled. (CTV)
Published Wednesday, February 17, 2016 10:24PM EST
Last Updated Wednesday, February 17, 2016 10:41PM EST
The Canadian Food Inspection says Alberta’s Hillview Meat Processor is recalling raw pork and pork organ products over concerns of possible E. coli contamination.
The products may have been sold fresh or frozen, pre-packed or served by clerks, and with or without labels.
The CFIA says the products were sold or distributed in Alberta by:
- ACME Meats – Acme, 127 Main St.
- Crossfield Meats Ltd. – Crossfield, 1017 B Nanton Ave.
- QC & C Meat Shop Ltd – Calgary, 5320 17 Avenue SE
- Paolini's Sausage & Meat (Crossroads Market) – Calgary, 1235 26 Avenue SE
- Paolini's Sausage and Meat Ltd. – Calgary, 5735 3 Street SE
- Trimming Fresh Meats – Calgary, 3, 6219 Centre Street NW
- V&T Meats – Calgary, 3111 17 Avenue SE
- Leung Ky Meat and Seafood Ltd. – Calgary, 1919 31 Street SE
- Community Foods – Calgary, 119, 3208 8 Avenue NE
- Hungarian Deli – Calgary, 4020 26 Street SE
- Rocky's Sausage Haus – Calgary, 37 4 Street NE
Affected pork may still look and smell unspoiled, but can cause nausea, vomiting, mild to severe abdominal cramps and watery to bloody diarrhea, according to CFIA.
However, there have been no reports of illness linked to the recalled products.