Leonardo DiCaprio taking a 'long, long break' from acting
Actor Leonardo DiCaprio arrives at the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Sunday Jan. 13, 2013. (AP / Invision, John Shearer)
Published Sunday, January 20, 2013 6:50PM EST
Leonardo DiCaprio is taking a "long, long break" from acting.
The 'Django Unchained' star has admitted he is completely "worn out" after shooting three intense movies back-to-back and is planning to take a significant amount of time away from Hollywood.
The 38-year-old actor told German newspaper Bild: "I am a bit drained. I'm not going to take a long, long break. I've done three films in two years and I'm just worn out."
Before shooting his latest movie, Leonardo filmed the adaptation of 'The Great Gatsby' with Baz Luhrmann and Martin Scorsese's 'The Wolf of Wall Street.'
The actor plans to use his time off to focus on his other passion, saving the environment.
He said: "I would like to improve the world a bit. I will fly around the world doing good for the environment. My roof is covered with solar panels. My car is electric. A normal person does not drive more than 50 kilometres a day. That can be done with a plug."
Leonardo previously revealed he likes to act "like a complete idiot" to relax.
He said: "I take what I do very seriously when I'm on the set that's all I focus on. So my vice is to hang out with my friends, talk about absolutely nothing of importance and act like a complete idiot.
"It's like therapy to just be a complete idiot with my friends."
But Leonardo hasn't spent time in Los Angeles with his friends for "a year and a half" because of his busy filming schedule and he is "looking forward" to some home comforts when he has finished his promotional work.
He explained: "I love to have friends over, but I haven't really been home for a year and a half so I don't even remember the last time I did that.
"I've just done three movies back-to-back, so I'm looking forward to getting back to my house."