Kanye West's alleged battery victim wants to settle case out of court
In this May 23, 2012 file photo, singer Kanye West arrives for the screening of "Cruel Summer" at the 65th international film festival, in Cannes, southern France. (AP Photo/Francois Mori, File)
Published Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:36AM EST
Kanye West's alleged battery victim wants to settle their case out of court.
The 'Stronger' hitmaker has been contacted by a lawyer acting for the 18 year old he is accused of attacking in a chiropractor's waiting room last week and the legal representative has told the rapper his client is willing to strike a civil settlement for "several hundred thousand dollars", TMZ reports.
According to the website, the alleged victim - who Kanye's fiancee Kim Kardashian claimed branded her a "n****r lover" and a "stupid sl*t" - has not been responsive with police over the altercation, and he has no apparent injuries, despite Kanye reportedly punching him over 30 times.
Both sides are said to be in negotiations over the settlement.
It was previously claimed Kim - who has seven-month-old daughter North with Kanye - got into a row with the man after he initially helped her avoid paparazzi on the streets of Beverly Hills.
Kanye arrived on the scene minutes after the insults were made against her and stormed into a nearby chiropractor's office where the unnamed guy was, and then Kim identified the teenager.
The 36-year-old hip hop star is said to have went "nuts" and made a beeline for the teen, beating him as Kim looked on.
The incident reportedly only ended when a massage therapist pulled Kanye away from the scene.
Please read our guidelines before commenting on stories.