Suspects in N.S. chained teen case could be in Ontario
Published Friday, September 28, 2012 6:24AM EDT
Last Updated Friday, September 28, 2012 4:52PM EDT
LUNENBURG, N.S. - RCMP say two men charged with the sexual assault and unlawful confinement of a 16-year-old boy in Nova Scotia are believed to be in Ontario.
Sergeant Alain Leblanc says the accused, 47-year-old David James Leblanc and 31-year-old Wayne Alan Cunningham, are believed to be travelling in a grey 2003 Hyundai Elantra with a Nova Scotia licence plate of F-B-P 2-3-3.
Meanwhile, a court document says the teen was sleeping on the streets of Halifax when he awoke to find himself in a van and was taken to a home in Upper Chelsea where two men kept him captive and sexually assaulted him earlier this month.
It says the Mounties began their investigation after a woman reported Monday evening that a teenager who was chained at his ankles and wrists knocked on her door.
The document says the two men held the boy against his will and sexually assaulted him over several days.
The RCMP say the boy was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries and is safe.