Quebec baby suffers severe burns after child seat placed on stove
The Canadian Press
Published Friday, January 8, 2016 8:02AM EST
Last Updated Friday, January 8, 2016 9:24AM EST
VICTORIAVILLE, Que. -- Quebec provincial police say the life of a baby girl is no longer in danger after she was burned while sitting in a child seat on top of a lit stove.
The infant was first sent to hospital in the central Quebec town of Victoriaville before being transferred to a children's facility in Montreal.
Police spokesman Hugo Fournier says the girl is five months old.
Authorities say the girl's father had burns to the hand and that the mother was in shock after Thursday night's accident.
Both were also taken to hospital.
Police in the community 160 kilometres northeast of Montreal are waiting to speak to the unidentified parents to determine exactly what happened.