Pet owners warned after dogs, coyotes poisoned east of Edmonton
The Canadian Press
Published Friday, March 8, 2013 5:41PM EST
Last Updated Friday, March 8, 2013 10:26PM EST
ARDROSSAN, Alta. - Mounties are warning pet owners east of Edmonton to be vigilant after a number of animals were poisoned recently.
Strathcona RCMP say a pet dog died after being poisoned near Ardrossan last week.
Police say another dog was poisoned, but got treatment quickly and survived.
RCMP say several coyotes in the area have been found dead, and testing shows they were poisoned.
They are urging residents in the area to check their property for anything suspicious that could be the source of poison.
Please read our guidelines before commenting on stories.