Easter Monday in Canada: What's open and closed
Published Monday, April 21, 2014 9:41AM EDT
Depending on what you do, Easter Monday in Canada either means a return to work after the holiday long weekend, or an extra day off to spend with family and friends. To help sort out some of the confusion, here's a general look at what's open and closed across the country.
Note, Quebec businesses have the option of offering either Good Friday or Easter Monday as a statutory holiday for their employees.
- Some stock exchanges including the TSX, NYSE and NASDAQ
- Most retail businesses including major malls and grocery stores
- Most major tourist attractions (Check specific attraction websites for details)
- Most liquor and alcohol stores. In Ontario, select LCBO and all Beer stores will be open on Easter Monday.
- Municipal and provincial transit systems are either operating on a regular service schedule or a reduced holiday service schedule. Check specific transit system websites for exact details.
- Most primary and secondary schools
- Most municipal government offices (Check with specific municipalities for details)
- Provincial and federal government offices
- Most public libraries
- Canada Post collection and delivery services