Aug. 26, 2011: Elk flank steak sandwich
Published Friday, August 26, 2011 8:17AM EDT
Elk flank steak sandwich
- 1lb Flank Steak 1Tbsp Chopped Fresh Garlic
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil 2Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 cup lime juice (1large lime)
1. Combine garlic, coriander, lime juice, herbs and olive oil.
2. Add flank steak and marinate for minimum one hour.
3. Grill on high heat for 4-5 min each side
4. Remove from heat and rest for 5 min
5. Slice thin against the grain and serve on crusty roll w/ coleslaw
Cilantro Chile Slaw
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice 3 cups Shredded Cabbage
- 1 Tbsp. Honey 1 Carrot Grated
- 1 tsp. Chile Flake
- 1/2 Red Pepper Julienned
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
1. Combine lime juice, sugar, salt, and chile flakes.
2. Toss with vegetables and refrigerate.
Cherry tomato and arugula salad with nicoise olive vinaigrette
Nicoise olive vinaigrette ingredients:
- 1 shallots diced
- 2 tbsp. diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup niçoise olives chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1tsp roasted fennel seed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Combine all ingredients and whisk together.
2. Toss with Fresh arugula and cherry tomatoes.