April 9, 2012: French Toast with Mascarpone Maple Cream
Published Monday, April 9, 2012 9:55AM EDT
Known for his hilarious improv routines, comedian Colin Mochrie takes to the Canada AM kitchen to cook up French Toast with Mascarpone Maple Cream.
French Toast with Mascarpone Maple Cream
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) whole milk or light cream
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 8 slices D'Italiano Thick Slice Bread, Original or 100 per cent Whole Wheat
- Butter, for frying
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mascarpone cheese
- 6 Tbsp (90 mL) maple syrup
- 2 cups (500 mL) mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
Beat eggs, milk or cream, sugar and vanilla in a shallow bowl. Dip the bread slices quickly into the egg mixture and pan-fry in hot butter until golden brown on both sides. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Combine mascarpone and maple syrup. Serve French Toast topped with mascarpone maple cream and berries. Makes 4 servings.