Anchor. CTV News Channel
After practicing finance and corporate law for a number of years in both Toronto and London, England, Amanda Blitz left the legal world to become a journalist. She completed her Masters in Journalism, graduating with honours from Columbia University in New York, while also interning at NBC's Dateline.
Blitz got her start in journalism in 2001, while interning for a radio-news organization in Washington, where she routinely reported from the West Wing of the White House. Her first foray into television news was in 2004 as a freelance legal analyst for Global News Morning. Years later she joined CHCH in Hamilton, Ontario as a videographer, where she spent two years reporting, producing, editing and anchoring.
Blitz has lived all over the world, from Japan to Australia, Italy, England, NY and Washington. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Western Ontario and a LL.B. from Osgoode Hall Law School. She has been reporting and anchoring at CTV News Channel since July, 2011.
Off-air, Blitz enjoys keeping up with international current events and spending time with family.
LIVE on CTVNews.ca
- 4 p.m. ET: Lisa LaFlamme helms extensive CTV News Budget 2015 coverage LIVE on CTVNews.ca, CTV News GO, CTV News Channel, CTV and CTV GO
- 2:15 p.m. ET: MPs debate during question period in the House of Commons
- 4:30 p.m. ET: Ontario Finance Minister Charles Sousa comments on provincial budget
- April 23, 2015: Ontario budget is tabled
- May 9, 2015: Ontario PC leadership convention